Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Condi Rice's Split Personality Disorder

Jeez, the neocons need to help their flock keep their excuses straight:
"First of all, I don't know that this meeting took place, but what I really don't know, what I'm quite certain of, is that it was not a meeting in which I was told that there was an impending attack and I refused to respond."
-- Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, 10/1/06, denying she met with CIA officials George Tenet and Cofer Black on July 10, 2001 to discuss an impending attack on the U.S. homeland

VERSUS

"The State Department confirmed that Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice met with Central Intelligence Agency Director George Tenet about the threat posed by al-Qaeda two months before the Sept. 11 attacks."
-- Bloomberg, 10/2/06
Hat tip -- Think Progress