Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Air America and Nova M Radio

It's true, being a host on AAR affiliate KPHX put me in a pretty fine position to watch the goings-on around the AAR rumors. I did know "stuff", and I kept it all to myself. Why? My loyalties are first to my values and my values tell me that when I am directed to keep a secret, well, I do--especially one the details of which were developing on a near-daily basis. And there will be more changes to come. And yes, I'll be keeping the insider info I know about those to myself as well. However this is one thing I can say and you can take to heart: wherever there's a Nova M radio station, there will be liberal radio!!

Congratulations Mike Newcomb. You've earned it!
Nova M Radio - About Us: "Air America's Future By Sheldon Drobny (Link) The rumors are true. We did offer to fund AAR and prevent this from happening. We believed that the company was very well positioned to be successful with a change in management and fundamental changes to the operation of the company. Despite our weeks of negotiations and hard work, the board chaired by Rob Glaser who is also the CEO and Chairman of RealNetworks, Inc. (RNWK:Nasdaq) and their attorney Tracy Klestadt advised the board to file a bankruptcy petition. As founders and investors in the company, we have a significant interest in the future of AAR and will do everything possible to protect our investment in the company and its operations. We continue to support liberal talk radio with or operation of Nova M Radio, Inc. that is managing AAR affiliates in Phoenix and Little Rock. We plan to continue our efforts to make liberal talk radio a success. Stay tuned."