Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Now, Are You Happy?

There aren't too many days when I actually want to scream (metaphorically I always want to scream) about Democratic party political developments, but in the case of the ONLY candidate who could have changed this country for the better (John Edwards) leaving the race I can only ask every dunderhead who had the temerity (look it up) to say that "He couldn't win" and thereby contributed to the inertia bringing on his actual inability to win, have I this to say: " I TOLD YOU SO".

I warned that if we allowed ourselves to get caught between the angles of Chauvinism-- gender and race-- we would only have ourselves to blame for the outcome; getting mesmerized with the Shiny Bright Object. Don't believe me? Listen to my KPHX promo next time it rolls around.

Well, now we have it. Our choices are between "TweedleDLC and TweedleDLC'er".

Republicans now have nothing to do until the Democratic Convention this summer. Then Billary and Oboreme will be so over-exposed all the RNC cohorts will have to do is unleash their “swiftboat” campaign and blow him or her out of the water with a snorty chortle.

Nice going.

Former Senator John Edwards, D-N.C., will drop out of the Democratic presidential race on Wednesday.

"It just became clear it wasn't going to happen," a senior Edwards adviser tells ABC News' Rick Klein.

Cross-posted on Voice of America.

Labels: ,