Saturday, September 01, 2007

Action Point with Cynthia Black 9-02-2007: The Reference Shelf

Today's article and item links:

  • Entertainment (?): A new film about the killing of 14-year-old Iraqi girl, Abeer Qasim Hamza al-Janabi-- gang raped and burnt by American soldiers in March 2006-- is the subject of "Redacted" U.S. director Brian De Palma's new film. "Redacted ...spares the audience no brutality to get its message across."
  • Hold My Hair Please, I'm About to Puke: Reid Opens Door To Pact With Antiwar Republicans: Why does this weeny-whiney rhetoric remind me of Rumsfeld?
    "I don't think we have to think that our way is the only way," Reid said of specific dates during an interview in his office here. "I'm not saying, 'Republicans, do what we want to do.' Just give me something that you think you would like to do, that accomplishes some or all of what I want to do."
INCOMING: In the Election Integrity community we thought Holt HR 811 was a mostly dead issue. We were wrong. How wrong?

Michelle Mulder, counsel to Rep. Rush Holt, has just informed supporters of HR 811 that the bill will come up for a vote on the House floor next week.

The following are links to info you need BEFORE calling your representative THIS Tuesday!


Hat Tip: Mark Crispin Miller

Labels: , , ,