Friday, May 19, 2006

OPEN THREAD--AP SHOW 05-27-06: Take Your Government Back (from Special Interest Money) with Me and David Sirota!!

(UPDATE--LINK SHOW AUDIO)

Two days after I finished the content format for Action Point's launch on Air America affiliate KPHX (1480) Phoenix, I discovered David Sirota's new book, Hostile Takeover: How Big Money & Corruption Conquered Our Government--and How We Take It Back.

I ran (okay, drove really fast) to my local bookseller and grabbed a copy. The table of contents read like a bullet-point list of regular folk's woes: Taxes, Wages, Jobs, Debt and so on. Scanning the intro and chapters I read verbatim quotes of the Mainstream Media spin we have all come to mistrust. Not only had he nailed all of the talking points used to bury--not illuminate--issues of immediate concern to folk's daily lives, he'd countered them with the information being omitted AND (at the end of each chapter) a section of Solutions to those issues. I knew I wanted to talk to this guy and so would you--so I made it happen (how cool is that?)!!

Join us on Saturday 05/27/06. Pick David's big brain for insights into the ways corporate money serves the special interests of America's richest 3% while crushing the democratic process that should be protecting--not selling out--the rest of us.

Remember, solutions = ideas = the type of come-backs you will want to have in your back pocket the next time some water-cooler supply-side pundit taunts you for liberal/Democratic "ideas".

Yea buddy, I got your "ideas" right here...